Wine & Gourmet Japan has always taken place alongside FABEX, a major trade fair covering food, beverages and lifestyle. In 2023, it will become 'Wine & Gourmet Japan - powered by ProWein' in the Japanese capital from 12 to 14 April 2023. From 2024, wine and spirits will be merged into ProWine Tokyo.
At the last edition in 2019, before the pandemic, around 78,000 visitors attended FABEX and its accompanying fairs (Wine & Gourmet Japan, Desserts Sweets and Bakery Festival, Food & Drink OEM Matching Expo, 'Japan Noodles Industry Fair, Premium Show Food and ISM Japan). There were 917 exhibitors from 19 nations.
“With ProWine Tokyo we help our customers become successfully established on this very dynamic market in Japan. Its growth potential is enormous especially thanks to the free trade agreement with the European Union that came into force in February 2021."
- Revenue in the Wine segment in 2022 (forecast: US$9.25bn
- Market growth (forecast): 12.54% per year (CAGR 2022-2025)
- Volume 2022 (forecast): 298.9m liters
- Volume 2025 (forecast): 341.6m liters
- Per person revenues in 2022 (forecast): US$73.69
Source: Statista, July 2022
ProWine in Asia
ProWine Tokyo will be another extension of ProWein Germany (for a report about ProWein Düsseldorf 2022 see HERE and HERE). In Asia, it is its fifth location besides Shanghai, Mumbai, Singapore and Hong Kong.
Dates in 2022:
- ProWine Mumbai: 17-18 October 2022
- ProWine Shanghai: 8-10 November 2022
Dates in 2023:
- Wine & Gourmet Japan powered by ProWein: 12-14 April 2023
- ProWine Singapore: 25-28 April 2023
- ProWine Hong Kong: 10-12 May 2023
- ProWine Tokyo: April 2024